- Register for DREAM learning modules
- Complete the “Dementia Inclusion Introductory Modules”, in order
- Complete the “Physical Activity Modules” if interested in learning more about physical activity and dementia (certificate available)
- Complete the “Healthy Eating Modules” if interested in learning more about healthy eating and dementia (certificate available)
- Complete a quiz after each module
- Earn certificate(s), including a “Total Wellness Certificate” when all of the modules are completed
Who are These Learning Modules For?
These learning modules are continuing education for people with any level of experience who provide physical activity, healthy eating, and/or wellness programs or services in the community (in-person or online). This can include, but is not limited to: providing physical activity or cooking classes; assisting with grocery shopping, preparing food, or delivering meals; or leading or assisting with social, recreational, or wellness programs for older adults. The content is suitable for people with and without prior training or experience related to dementia, physical activity, and/or healthy eating and mealtimes.
After completing the DREAM learning modules, you will:
- Understand dementia and the variety of abilities and challenges of people living with dementia
- Feel more confident communicating with people living with dementia in an effective and respectful way
- Understand the rights of people living with dementia for access and inclusion in physical activity, healthy eating, and other wellness programs and facilities
- Identify ways to better support a person living with dementia to be included and participate in physical activity and/or healthy eating programs
- Connect with other resources and articles for more information on understanding of dementia and the role of physical activity and/or healthy eating in living well with dementia